This is an opportunity to visit the Heritage Motor Centre, see a wealth of Land Rover Heritage vehicles and see the new Jaguar Heritage Exhibit in the Museum. Standard admission prices apply.
On the day visitors can enjoy:
- Land Rover Heritage Run – a rolling history of 100 vehicles arriving from Lode Lane from 11am
- Special talk by Michael Bishop: ‘They Found Our Engineer’ – Discovering Land Rover’s Arthur Goddard
- New Jaguar Heritage Exhibition
- New Shell Motoring Art Exhibition
- Archive Land Rover Films showing in the Cinema
- Free Museum Tours at 11.15 and 14.15
- Free Children’s Crafts all day – Make a Land Rover
- Children’s Miniature Roadway – Electric go-karts (additional cost applies)
- Land Rover Experience demonstration rides (additional cost applies)
Entries are now closed.
This is an exclusive Heritage Run from Lode Lane in Solihull to the HMC at Gaydon on Sunday 30 September 2012. Starting from the home of the legend at the Land Rover factory in Solihull at 09.45am, the procession is scheduled to arrive at the HMC at 11:00am. This special Run will be limited to just 100 Land Rover vehicles including classic and present day models.
The Heritage Run includes:
- Coffee at the start at the Land Rover Experience, Solihull
- A photo of your Land Rover on the run
- A special Rally plaque
- Route and briefing notes
- Two adult tickets for access to the museum
- Guided tour of the museum for Heritage Run attendees
- Exclusive ride around the new Land Rover Experience Off-Road course at Gaydon (only suitable for those over 5 years old)
- A Land Rover orientated talk
- 2-course Buffet lunch on the Gallery with tea or coffee
Extra guests can attend for £17.50 each.
Special Talk – ‘They Found Our Engineer’ – Discovering the Land Rover’s Arthur Goddard by Michael Bishop
Michael Bishop is an Australian who has been driving and collecting Land Rovers since he was a teenager on the family farm.
His first book ‘They Found Our Engineer’ is not just about the iconic British 4×4, but also about the unusual set of circumstances that lead to him helping to re-discover the original Land Rover Development Engineer living in Brisbane, Australia in 2009.
Since writing his book Michael has helped with research on motoring TV programmes for Sky TV’s ‘The Petrol Age’ and appeared on BBC’s ‘Coast’ programme. He works at Land Rover Experience in Solihull and was a team member of the 2012 Land Rover Journey of Discovery Expedition from Birmingham to Beijing.
General enquiriesEmail: email@example.com
Telephone: 01926 645031